1/3 Photos of Crab and Artichoke Appetizer Pizza
A neat twist on a familiar dip. Chefs Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross recommend using a thin and crispy pizza crust, such as Boboli, as the base. Sure to be a hit with cocktails.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 thin prepared pizza crust
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, water-packed and drained
- 4 ounces lump crabmeat or 4 ounces backfin crab meat
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup light mayonnaise (i use regular)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olive, sliced and drained well
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1Heat oven according to the pizza crust directions and heat the pizza until it is light golden brown, Remove pizza and set aside, leaving the oven on.
- 2Chop the artichoke hearts and combine with the crabmeat, cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring to mix well.
- 3Spread over the pizza crust, and sprinkle with the olives.
- 4Return the pizza to the oven and bake 12 to15 minutes, or until the top is slightly browned and bubbling along the edges.
- 5Remove and sprinkle with the red bell pepper.
- 6Slice into small squares and serve with remoulade sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Artichoke Appetizer Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.5
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 474.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust