A neat twist on a familiar dip. Chefs Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross recommend using a thin and crispy pizza crust, such as Boboli, as the base. Sure to be a hit with cocktails.
- 1 thin prepared pizza crust
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, water-packed and drained
- 4 ounces lump crabmeat or 4 ounces backfin crab meat
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup light mayonnaise (i use regular)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, sliced and drained well
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- Heat oven according to the pizza crust directions and heat the pizza until it is light golden brown, Remove pizza and set aside, leaving the oven on.
- Chop the artichoke hearts and combine with the crabmeat, cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring to mix well.
- Spread over the pizza crust, and sprinkle with the olives.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake 12 to15 minutes, or until the top is slightly browned and bubbling along the edges.
- Remove and sprinkle with the red bell pepper.
- Slice into small squares and serve with remoulade sauce, if desired.