Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A perfect accompaniment to roasted vegetables or grilled entrees.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup orange bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapenos (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable broth (chicken broth optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a saucepan, cook bell peppers, onion and jalapeno in oil until tender; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil; add couscous and return to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, covered.
- Stir in tomato and parsley and fluff with fork.
This is a great recipe. The flavours blend really well together. The only thing I did different was to use cilantro instead of parsley as I don't like it. It's great warm or cold as a salad. I'll definitely be making this again. Thanks for sharing!