1/1 Photo of Couscous with Three Peppers
Sue Lau's Note:
A perfect accompaniment to roasted vegetables or grilled entrees.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers or 1/2 cup orange bell peppers or 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapenos (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth (chicken broth optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1In a saucepan, cook bell peppers, onion and jalapeno in oil until tender; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil; add couscous and return to a boil.
- 3Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, covered.
- 4Stir in tomato and parsley and fluff with fork.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous with Three Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 199.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: