Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
from Recipesource.com. Don't allow this to sit longer than 2 hours as couscous will become mushy.
Top Review by bikerchick
This was very good and very easy! I served this with Naina's Stuffed Chicken #57917 and North African Spiced Carrots #109803. I would make again, even The Beau liked it (he had 3 helpings!). I loved all the vegetables--especially now that we're being told to get 9 servings a day--this recipe makes it easy! I made the recipe as written but think, come spring that asparagus tips would make a great substitution for the green beans.
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1 ",pieces
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Put couscous in a large bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Cover and allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring once or twice to fluff.
- Steam carrots, pepper and green beans until tender crisp.
- Add vegetables to couscous.
- Gently stir in onions, raisins and almonds, In a separate bowl, whisk oil, orange and lemon juice, cinnamon, parsley and dill.
- Pour dressing over couscous mixture, cover bowl and chill for 2 hours.