Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Been in my recipe box for years. I have no idea where I got it, but it sure is good. A meal in a pan, hate doing dishes.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced in 2 inch pieces (I like beef)
- 3 tablespoons pan drippings
- 4 large potatoes, sliced thin
- 3 carrots, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Fry potatoes, carrots, onions, celery in grease over low heat until tender and lightly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place sausage on top.
- Cover and heat about 12 minutes.
Good old fashioned comfort food! Nice with a little mozza on top. I uses smokies and will keep in mind for camping.
I've been making a very similar "Country Supper" for years. Mine has broccoli florets instead of the celery (or combo thereof). I top with crumbled crisp bacon. Delicious!