Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from an anicent and well used old taste of home meat pamphlet.. It is my favorite way to prepare ribs
- 3 -4 lbs beef short ribs
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- brown ribs for 30 minutes in broiler pan.
- meanwhile combine ingridients in a saucepan.
- simmer for about ten minutes and then coat ribs with sauce.
- bake on 300 for 2-3 hours basting often.
These were excellent! The house smelled wonderful while they were slow cooking in the oven. The sauce had great flavor. Would love to try this along with a pork roast to make BBQ pork sandwiches. The only negative comment I have is that the instructions were a little vague and might be a problem for a beginner cook. Will definitely make these again. Thanks for posting. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag.
Delicious! So easy to do which I loved. I will definitely make this again.