Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hearty breakfast skillet potatoes. Can lay a poached egg or fried egg on top of individual servings, if desired.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 russet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 3/4 inch slices (about 2 lb.)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 6 green onions, sliced
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, melt the butter with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add in potatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Decrease heat to medium; add in red and green onions, salt, pepper, and paprika to taste; cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes; add more oil if needed.
- Serve immediately.
Yum! I enjoyed the potatoes with the red and green onions, very nice. Had for breakfast and halved the recipe. Thanks! Made for the photo forum-On the Farm.
Very good, but I goofed on the veggies. I put the onions etc, in first and of course by the time the potatoes were cooked the veggies were runined. But the potatoes were wonderful, they bought back memories of childhood, my Mom made these often for us kids. Thanks for posting and I will do again and do the veggies at the proper time!!!