Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
unknown where this came from, probably the Tabasco sauce website since it uses their 7 spice brand of tomatoes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 16 ounces tomatoes, seasoned for chili (Tabasco 7 Spice brand and includes peppers, onions and herbs)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a 10-inch skillet over med heat in hot oil, cook celery, onion and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the bottled tomato-chili seasoning mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining tomato¬chili mixture, ground meats, egg, bread crumbs, pepper sauce, salt, thyme, cumin and cooked celery mixture until well mixed.
- In a 12X8 in baking dish, shape mixture into a 10X4 in oval.
- Brush top with reserved 1/2 cup of the tomato-chili mixture.
- Bake 1 hour.
I followed this recipe, measured all ingredients and was very disappointed. It is terribly bland. Nothing like I expected.