Recipe by Seasoned Cook
GREAT BREAKFAST or lunch item! These biscuits may be considered "a southern thing", but they sure are popular! I have carried a plate full to a home where relatives were gathering for a funeral and they got smacked up real quick. I would carry them plain without the dijon mustard because of people's preferences. Great for a man's lunchbox. Very filling and satisfying flavor!
- 1 (12 ounce) hungry jack flaky buttermilk biscuits (10 piece)
- 1 (8 ounce) package country ham, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Dijon mustard (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake biscuits in a 400 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut ham into pieces to fit size of biscuits.
- Place ham pieces in a skillet and boil in a small amount of water for one minute to allow salt to escape. Pour off water to drain.
- Split biscuit and insert ham pieces.
- Dijon mustard may be spread inside of biscuits - optional feature.