Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn broccoli and red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups crushed saltine crackers
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring vegetables and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute the onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender.
- Add soup and milk; stir until smooth.
- Ad cracker crumbs and cooked vegetables; mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Exceptional!! We loved the combination of veggies and the onion really set it off. Easy to put together. I microwaved the veggies instead of cooking on the stovetop and it worked perfectly.
Excellent for a holiday side dish and very easy to make!