Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Been making this for years and thought I'd share. Originally from My Great Recipes (I think). Very versatile; use long or short grain and works equally well with brown or white rice.
Top Review by Southern Lady
My husband I both thought the rice was good - different and a nice change. It's not something I would prepare weekly but certainly will be made at least once a month. I may try it without the corn just to see the difference in flavor. . . .possibly substitute frozen green peas. Thanks for sharing.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 cup brown rice, long or 1 cup short-grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil or 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained (I double the corn)
- minced parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp, crumble and set aside. Brown the rice, onion and celery in the pan drippings for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add broth, seasonings and corn.
- Cover and cook about 40-45 minutes. Stir to combine the ingredients. Top with the bacon and sprinkle on the chervil or parsley.