Recipe by djunqx
A hearty Eastern European inspired dish.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Made this dish tonight for dinner. I loved the idea of the dish and the ingredients in it; especially the mushrooms and the smoked paprika. I'm not sure if it was something I did, but the yogurt seemed to separate and not really come together as a sauce. I also felt that the overall dish lacked in seasoning -- it just needed something more to bring out the flavor. I think it has a great potential -- just needs a little work with the seasonings and the sauce. Made for Spring PAC, April, 2013.
- 3 -5 chicken breasts (depending on the size)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 4 ounces plain yogurt
- 8 ounces spaetzle noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, paprika, salt, pepper and dredge chicken in the mixture, shake off excess flour.
- Heat a large skillet with butter, fry the floured chicken on medium high until lightly browned (does not need to be fully cooked through.).
- Remove chicken, set aside, saute the onions and mushrooms on medium to medium low heat.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the chicken, cover, simmer on medium low to low (so that liquid is lightly bubbling) 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add yogurt, stir, set aside or refridgerate (to let flavor soak in). Meanwhile cook the spaetzle or egg noodles according to the package instructions.
- Serve chicken mixture over the noodles.