Recipe by Dienia B.
Country Captain is a curry stew brought back to England from India by British soliders, from easy to make, easy to bake.
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 apple, tart, peeled, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil; add onion, apple, garlic.
- Cook until soft; remove.
- Cut chicken into small bites; add remaining oil to skillet; fry until browned.
- Add flour, stirring to coat chicken.
- Add tomatoes; cook until thickened.
- Add raisins, parsley, curry powder, and thyme; mix.
- Add apple mixture; simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour into 2 quart baking dish.
- Roll puff pastry 1 inch longer than baking dish; place over chicken mixture; cut slits.
- Bake 30 minutes.