Dienia B.'s Note:
Country Captain is a curry stew brought back to England from India by British soliders, from easy to make, easy to bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 apple, tart, peeled, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil; add onion, apple, garlic.
- 3Cook until soft; remove.
- 4Cut chicken into small bites; add remaining oil to skillet; fry until browned.
- 5Add flour, stirring to coat chicken.
- 6Add tomatoes; cook until thickened.
- 7Add raisins, parsley, curry powder, and thyme; mix.
- 8Add apple mixture; simmer 5 minutes.
- 9Pour into 2 quart baking dish.
- 10Roll puff pastry 1 inch longer than baking dish; place over chicken mixture; cut slits.
- 11Bake 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Captain Pie
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.1
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 255.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 37.3 g