Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Found in a 1977 "Introducing Cottage Cheese" from Borden. I made this for a small party way back then and it was very good. I made it again recently and found it was just as good as it was the first time I made it.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used vanilla)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (Cool Whip works)
- chocolate syrup
- peaches or strawberry (I used fruit)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and butter; mix well and press on bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, blend the cottage cheese until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs at high speed until fluffy.
- Gradually beat the sugar into the eggs.
- Add the cottage cheese into the egg mixture along with the cream, flour, lemon juice, extract, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the the crust.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and then remove the sides of the pan.
- Top with whipped cream/Cool Whip then drizzle chocolate or spoon fruit on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers.