1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Janet Knowles's Note:
Found in a 1977 "Introducing Cottage Cheese" from Borden. I made this for a small party way back then and it was very good. I made it again recently and found it was just as good as it was the first time I made it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used vanilla)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (Cool Whip works)
- chocolate syrup
- peaches or strawberry (I used fruit)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and butter; mix well and press on bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 4In a medium bowl, blend the cottage cheese until creamy.
- 5In a separate bowl, beat the eggs at high speed until fluffy.
- 6Gradually beat the sugar into the eggs.
- 7Add the cottage cheese into the egg mixture along with the cream, flour, lemon juice, extract, and salt.
- 8Mix well.
- 9Pour the mixture over the the crust.
- 10Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 11Cool to room temperature and then remove the sides of the pan.
- 13Top with whipped cream/Cool Whip then drizzle chocolate or spoon fruit on top.
- 14Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (1834 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3734.2
- Calories from Fat 1741
- Total Fat 193.5 g
- Saturated Fat 104.1 g
- Cholesterol 1294.5 mg
- Sodium 4209.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 392.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 301.4 g
- Protein 115.2 g