3 hrs 15 mins
Chicken Finger's Note:
My mom was making this for a family party and I was skeptical because of the cottage cheese. While my uncle (the dessert king) was eating it and loving it, I said "Did you know that you can make cheesecake with cottage cheese?" He said "I don't think that would be good." (As he was on his second piece!) Needless to say he was surprised and he never would have known that it was was made from cottage cheese instead of cream cheese and that it was BETTER for him than regular cheesecake!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 Oreo cookies (about 47 Nilla Wafers) or 1 3/4 vanilla wafers (about 47 Nilla Wafers)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1For the crumb crust: In a bowl, mix together the ingredients until well combined. Press into a 9 inch springform pan or a 10 inch pie plate.
- 2For the chilled cheesecake: Combine the gelatin and 3/4 cup of sugar in a medium saucepan.
- 3Beat the egg yolks, then stir in the milk gradually.
- 4Stir into the gelatin mixture and place over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes or until gelatin dissolves and mixture is slightly thickened.
- 5Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon rind, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- 6Beat the cottage cheese with and electric mixer at high speed for 3-5 minutes or until completely smooth. Stir into gelatin mixture, then chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- 7Beat the egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Add 1/4 cup sugar gradually and beat until very stiff. Fold into the gelatin mixture, then fold in the whipped cream.
- 8Turn into the prepared pan. Chill for 3-4 hours or until firm. Loosen side of pan with a sharp knife and release springform.
- 9You can decorate the cheesecake with chocolate leaves in a circular pattern on top and/or place fresh raspberries in the center.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cottage Cheese Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.3
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 125.2 mg
- Sodium 520.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 60.1 g