Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 30 mins
posted for ZWT 7. Prep time includes chill time.
Make and share this Costa Rican Chicken Nuggets recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, Chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium serrano peppers, Chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, Chopped
- 1 lime (using the juice)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, Chopped
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3⁄4 cup masa harina
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons oil, for cooking
- Combine onion, garlic, chilies, bell pepper, lime juice and cilantro in a food processor. Blend into a paste then stir in the egg.
- Mix the chicken, masa harina, salt, hot sauce, and oregano together in a large bowl. Stir in the paste mixture then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll meat into walnut sized balls then saute in hot oil until well browned. Serve with tortillas and salsa.