1/1 Photo of Cornmeal Waffles
From the Southern section of the United States Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Institute, 1947. Posted in response to a recipe request. Cooling time for the mush not included in the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook corn meal, water, and butter or shortening in a double boiler for ten minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Sift flour, salt, baking soda together.
- 4Beat eggs until very light and add to cornmeal mush.
- 5Add sifted flour mixture alternatively with milk and stir thoroughly.
- 6Add enough buttermilk or sour milk to make a thin batter.
- 7Spray your waffle iron with cooking spray.
- 8Bake batter in hot waffle iron until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (2000 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.1
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 574.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g