Recipe by Aroostook
This is one of our favorite breakfast pancakes. A bit of butter and a splash of syrup... Yum!
Top Review by Mallina Cashew
My mom had a hankerin' for some buttermilk pancakes and also loves cornmeal so she decided to make these. She used half buttermilk and half water b/c we didn't have enough buttermilk. My mom thought these pancakes were a little dry and didn't hold together as well as we hoped. She came to the conclusion that using just buttermilk would have made a them better. Thank You for the recipe!!
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk or 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in cornmeal.
- Add egg and buttermilk and beat just until smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each cake onto a lightly greased, hot griddle.
- Bake until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.
- Makes about 10 pancakes.
- * Note: Buttermilk differs so try a mini test pancake to make sure the batter is thick enough. If not add a bit more flour.