Recipe by elennon39
If you are looking for a comforting meal for a winters evening, this fits the bill perfectly. It is simple, cheap and satisfying, and even suitable for those on a diet! These quantities serve 2 as a main meal.
Top Review by BerrySweet
The flavors were really good and I liked the addition of the leek and carrots. The only part that could be improved on was that this was very mushy compared to other hashes I've made. It reminded me of the consistancy of that canned stuff. Next time, I will maybe roast the potatoes or make sure they are completely dry before frying. Very good taste though. Thanks for posting!
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 200 g corned beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the carrot and potato into a large frying pan, add 1cm of water, and boil, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are cooked and soft.
- Add the onion and leek to the pan, with a little oil, and fry for 5 minutes.
- Dice the corned beef and add to the pan. Fry over a high heat until the hash starts to brown slightly.
- Add a generous splash of Worcester sauce and fry for a further 15 minutes with occasional stirring. Serve immediately.