Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had a recipe very similar to this that I lost. There is always canned corned beef in my pantry, and this dish made an easy dinner or lazy weekend breakfast. I found this recipe in the Honolulu Star Bulletin.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 2 cups cooked peeled and sliced russet potatoes
- 2 cups chopped cooked fresh corned beef or 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, thinly sliced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, thinly sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat milk (2 percent milk fat)
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 2-quart casserole dish or 9-inch square glass baking dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small skillet, saute onions until tender; set aside.
- Place potatoes in bottom of greased casserole dish. Layer corned beef, eggs and sauteed onions.
- In mixing bowl, combine mushroom soup, milk and grated cheese; pour over casserole.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet, add bread crumbs and cook over low until crumbs are lightly browned. Sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake for 30 minutes.