I had a recipe very similar to this that I lost. There is always canned corned beef in my pantry, and this dish made an easy dinner or lazy weekend breakfast. I found this recipe in the Honolulu Star Bulletin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 2 cups cooked peeled and sliced russet potatoes
- 2 cups chopped cooked fresh corned beef or 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef, thinly sliced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, thinly sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk (2 percent milk fat)
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 2-quart casserole dish or 9-inch square glass baking dish.
- 2Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small skillet, saute onions until tender; set aside.
- 3Place potatoes in bottom of greased casserole dish. Layer corned beef, eggs and sauteed onions.
- 4In mixing bowl, combine mushroom soup, milk and grated cheese; pour over casserole.
- 5Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet, add bread crumbs and cook over low until crumbs are lightly browned. Sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corned Beef and Egg Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 128.7 mg
- Sodium 200.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
reduced-fat cheddar cheese