Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Sunset Magazine Summer 2004. I tucked this recipe away and forgot about it. In lieu of blueberries, I'm confident other berries would work successfully with this cornbread recipe, i.e.: strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.
- *NOTE: if masa harina is unavailable, increase the amount of cornmeal to 1 1/3 cups.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 8-inch square baking pan.
- Beat the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter in bowl until well blended.
- In a separate bowl or on a piece of wax paper, combine the flour, cornmeal, masa harina, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture just until incorporated. Gently stir in the fresh berries.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or just until toothpick inserted in center of cornbread comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes then cut into squares.
- Serve warm.