Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn, do not drain
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- Mix first 3 ingredients together.
- Add: margarine and Jiffy corn bread mix, Pour into well greased 8x8 casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees.
I was a bit skeptical, but tried this recipe anyway, since I had all ingredients on hand. Now all this reformed doubter can say is DELICIOUS! I followed the instructions down to the 8x8 dish even though I was very tempted to use a 9x13 casserole dish. My husband (who doesn't share my passion for cornbread) really loved the outcome. Thanks!
It is amazing how the best recipes are often the simplest... Creamy and rich tasting with a slightly sweet taste. It was best right out of the oven and was a very easy dish to make for company. The only change I made was to use the Glory brand of corn muffin mix. I already had a box and didn't want to purchase the Jiffy cornbread when I had a perfectly acceptable subsitute. I would definitely make this recipe again for company or on a cold winter night for a warming, comfort food style side dish.
This corn bread is yummy, But , next time I will add some green chilies. To add a little zip to it. I served it with soup.Thanks for the great recipe.