Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This cornbread stuffing is so good, you won't know what to do with yourself.
Make and share this Cornbread Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- put together cornbread according to package instructions, omitting milk and substituting the milk for creamed corn (use 1 egg and use creamed corn instead of milk). Bake and set aside.
- Season gizzards with seasoned salt, then toss gizzards into a frying pan with a touch of oil so they wont stick. cook until browned and set aside. DO NOT DRAIN!
- In a large baking dish, crumble the cornbread, but don't turn it into breadcrumbs :).
- To that, add cooked gizzards with it's liquids, celery, onion, and garlic. Pour chicken broth over the entire mixture and toss lightly with your fingers to distribute the broth throughout the cornbread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed and the top of the cronbread is slightly browned. Now that's good stuffing!
Great stuffing, will make it again and again.