Recipe by Miss Fannie
This recipe is from Gooseberry Patch's 101 Hearty Recipes. It was submitted by Diana Krol. This sounds like a festive salad that will make a tasty and pretty presentation. I think I will use chipotle ranch dressing when I make this one.
- 8 1⁄2 ounces cornbread mix
- ranch salad dressing, to taste
- 15 1⁄2 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces corn, drained
- 2 1⁄4 ounces sliced black olives, drained
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, crisp and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake cornbread according to package directions. Cool; then crumble half of it in the bottom of a large serving dish. Pour enough salad dressing over the cornbread to make a smooth covering. Layer the beans, corn, and olives over the dressing. Next layer the tomatoes, onions, cheese, and bacon. Sprinkle remaining cornbread crumbs on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.