Recipe by *Ken*
Mashed potatoes taken to a who new level! So flavorful, your taste buds will be singing!
- 5 russet baking potatoes
- 8 1⁄2 ounces Jiffy cornbread mix (I use two)
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk (Any kind -- whole, 2% milk, lactaid)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potatoes into cubes. Then boil for 20-30 minutes or until soft enough for a knife to easily pass through. Drain and set aside when done.
- Meanwhile, bake cornbread according to directions. Set aside for cooling.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, melt the butter and add the potatoes.
- Add the milk and half of the heavy cream. Mash the potatoes until you have your desired consistency (runny or thick).
- Season with salt and pepper, even more butter to taste.
- Cut a large piece of cornbread and crumble into the mashed potatoes. Stir.
- Potatoes will thicken, so add more whipping cream until you have desired consistency.
- Stir in chopped green onions.
- NOTE: You don't want the taste of the onions to overpower the mashed potatoes, so allow potatoes to cook, while stirring, on low heat while the flavor of the onions blend with the potatoes for about 3-5 minutes.
- You'll know when it's ready!