Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My family's favorite and a great way to save time on Thanksgiving or any other day. From Talk About Good by the Junior League of Lafayette, Lousiana.
- 2 cups toasted breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cornbread, crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups turkey broth
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into pan or 9 x 13 casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 1 1/2 hours.
- Dressing may be prepared ahead of time, except for the baking, and frozen.
Awesome. I made 2 and froze one for an easy dressing dinner later. I added about 1/4 cup melted butter and fried my veggies before adding to the bread crumb mixture. Wonderful!!