Recipe by I'mPat
Low Gi recipe from Super Food Ideas. Times estimated. Suggested you serve with salad leaves and tomato chutney.
Top Review by breezermom
I enjoyed these very much, and I'm not a chickpea fan!!! Loved the combination of flavors. I would reduce the heat of the skillet, as my exterior was cooked in the first few and the interior wasn't quite done. Again....I really loved the combination of flavors! Thanks Pat for the great recipe.
- 400 g chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 zucchini (large grated and squeeze out excess liquid)
- 310 g corn kernels (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves (fresh, chopped)
- 3 green onions (scallions, thinly sliced)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor roughly chop chickpeas.
- Whisk milk and eggs in a jug.
- Place flour in a bowl and gradually add milk mixture to flour, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in chickpeas, zucchini, corn, mint and onion.
- Spray a large frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of mixture to pan and spread slightly with a spatula, repeat to make 3 more fritters.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining mixture to make 12 fritters, spraying pan with oil between each batch if necessary.
- Serve with salad and chutney.