Simple Mexican Meatloaf
Another tasty recipe from Super Food Ideas. A nice change from regular meatloaf, and using different heat levels of salsa this can be as mild or as spicy as you wish.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 400 g pork mince
- 400 g beef mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup salsa (your choice, mild, medium or hot)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Spray a meat loaf tin with oil spray to grease.
- Roughly tear bread up and place in a large bowl and add the milk. Leave for a couple of minutes.
- Add beef and pork mince, onion, cumin, eggs, olives, parsley and 1/2 cup salsa.
- Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Place mixture into meat loaf tin and pan down. Spoon the rest of the salsa over the top.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour or until firm in the centre.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I couldn't believe the mouth watering aroma from this meatloaf while it was cooking. I used medium salsa but will use hot next time even with the medium it had great flavor. Instead of 2 slices of bread I used 1 cup of Panko crumbs. Served with a BBQ'd potato, fresh green beans & new carrots Mmmmm. Seved with extra salsa on the side