photo by Chickee
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C (160 degree for fan forced oven).
- Grease a 6cm deep x 22cm round cake tin and line base and sides with baking paper.
- Sift flours and cocoa together.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, add chocolate, sugar and cold water.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs and stir to combine and then add sifted flours and cocoa, stirring until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted in the centre has moist crumbs clinging.
- Stand for 10 minutes in tin and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Chocolate Ganache.
- Place chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over medium low heat, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until thick enough to spread.
- Spread over the cake and top with chocolate flakes.
- Stand for 10 minutes or until ganache is set.
- Serve and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.