Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 8 3⁄4 ounces cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 2 egg whites
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks slightly. Beat in milk and oil.
- Stir in cream-style corn.
- Add egg yolk mixture to flour mixture; stir just till combined but still slightly lumpy.
- In a small bowl beat egg whites till stiff peaks form and gently fold into flour and egg yolk mixture, leaving a few fluffs of egg white. Don't overmix.
- Pour 1 to 1 1/4 cups batter onto grids of a pre-heated, lightly greased waffle baker.
- Close lid quickly; don't open during baking.
- Bake accordingly to manufacturer's directions.
- When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid; repeat with remaining batter.