Recipe by Grammy Charlotte
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds great, and wanted to place it on zaar for safe keeping. If you try it before I do, let me know how it tastes.
Top Review by 737309
You'll need to bake it longer than 25 minutes the first time. Otherwise, the inside may still be cold. We are going to try 35-40 minutes next time. (Originally seen in 'A Taste of Home 2008' cookbook).
- 36 corn tortillas
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (28 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 (16 ounce) jars salsa
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 (3 1/3 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In each of two greased 13x9 inches baking dishes, arrange 6 tortillas. Top with 1 cup chicken, 2/3 cup kidney beans, 1 cup salsa, 1/2 cup green pepper, about 1/3 Jack cheese, and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Uncover, bake 10-15 minutes longer or until the cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.