Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and easy, you can also double the dressing ingredients and add two cups or so of cooked fusilli pasta to make a different pasta salad! Clearly, though, the key to this salad is using the freshest, ripest, garden tomatoes. This is really portable and is great to take to a backyard barbecue, picnic, or tailgating.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil and vinegar dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, about 3 cups
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 3⁄4 lbs tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, ribs removed, minced (optional)
- In large bowl, combine salad dressing, mustard, and Tabasco.
- Add cucumber, corn, tomatoes, scallions, parsley and, if desired, jalapeno; toss well.
Delish! I used regular Tabasco and the taste was great, nice and spicy. You could give this salad a twist by using a raspberry vinegrette. Made for holiday tag.
This salad is super easy and delicious and perfect served with burgers (we used recipe#170378). Didn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing!