Recipe by :)Shirl(:
This is an amazingly refreshing salad. I would never have tried this recipe on my own. My brother in law made it and it is delicious. I used fresh corn, tomatoes and basil, but I would sub any of them for frozen or canned except the basil keep it fresh. Granted subbing for frozen or canned will not get a mmmmmmmmm from those that try it, but still tastey. Cook time is marinating time.
- 4 cups fresh corn, blanched 5 mins. and cut off the cob
- 4 cups tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced thinly (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar, seasoned rice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup basil, fresh, chopped and packed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix seasoned rice vinegar, olive oil and packed chopped basil in a medium sized bowl.
- Add corn that has been cut off the cob, onions if using and tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit atleast 4 hours overnight is best.
- The longer it sits the better it gets.