Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't made this yet but I plan on doing so very soon. It looks wonderful!
- 7 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 large onions or 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large Dutch oven, and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch at top.
- TO PROCESS: place the jars on rack in 3 inches of water in a large deep pot.
- Cover pot and bring water to a boil.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Let cool and tighten lids.
- Store in cool place.