Recipe by DrGaellon
A family favorite for years, I have no idea what the provenance is. We usually double it and bake it in a souffle dish.
Top Review by L DJ
Just right. been missing this dish at many family get togethers, because Mom always made it. Like a dummy never paid attention. I have been searching for this for years. I have prepared many corn puddings in hopes of finding the one Mom used to make. This is it! Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 ounces saltines
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter. Sweat the onions in the butter until soft and translucent, 7-8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Crush the saltines until mostly broken into pieces about pea-sized.
- Beat the eggs lightly in a large bowl. Add all the other ingredients and combine well. Use the milk to "rinse out" the can of corn. Pour into a baking dish which has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until the top is well-crusted, 35-45 minutes.