From The Complete Encyclopedia of Vegetables and Vegetarian Cooking: "This hearty American soup is high in both fiber and flaver. It's wonderful served with crusty bread and topped with melted cheddar cheese"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded,halved & sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups stock or 2 1/2 cups water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (7 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn kernels
- 1 pinch dried sage
- 1Put the onion, garlic, potato, celery and green pepper into a large saucepan with the oil and butter.
- 2Heat the ingredients untill sizzling, then turn the heat down to low.
- 3Cover and sweat the vegetables gently for 10 minutes, shaking the pan occaionally.
- 4Pour in the stock or water, season to taste and bring to the boil.
- 5Turn down the heat, cover and simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
- 6Add the milk, beans and corn-including their liquors- and the sage.
- 7Simmer again for 5 minutes.
- 8check the seasoning and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn & Potato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.9
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 226.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: