Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I tried to copy from taste the corn chowder served at the Old Mill restaurant in Gatlinburg, TN. This is a pretty close copy from what I can remember.
- 1 (16 ounce) cartoncorn soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery leaves
1/4 tsp each
- sage, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in 3-qt. crock pot. Cook on 'high' for 2 hours or until mixture begins to bubble. Turn temperature down to 'low' and continue simmering 1-3 hours. Garnish with bacon bits.
Great & so easy to prepare, too! The only things I changed were to leave out the salt & pepper & add a couple of quick shakes of lemon pepper! Definitely a recipe worth making again! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]