Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice warming soup. Easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken broth, can use veggie broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Saute onion in butter until golden brown.
- Add broth, potato, both types of corn, salt, thyme, pepper and parsley.
- Cover and gently simmer until potato is tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add the milk and bring just to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Place beaten egg in a bowl. Add about 1 cup of the chowder to the egg and stir quickly.
- Slowly add the egg mixture into the rest of the chowder in the pot, stirring constantly.
- Heat through and serve.