Recipe by marobin
Tis is a great tasing soup perfect for the winter. Serve with sandwiches or salad.
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse corn and combine with broth in saucepan; bring to boil.
- Remove to heat and allow to stand for 2 hours, then cook for 45 minutes.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Drain.
- Cook onion in drippings. Add to corn mixture and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add milk, sugar, and salt; sprinkle with bacon.