Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 3 ears cooked corn, cut from the cob (or 1 15 oz. can)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup diced pepper (red or green)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno chiles, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Just mix it all up in a pretty bowl and you're ready to go.
- To add some extra color and flavor, add a cup of chopped fresh tomato or halved cherry tomatoes.
Excellent recipe. I used 1 bag frozen corn, 1 can black beans, chicken boulillon cube, white wine, 1 onion, 4 garlic, 2 tbls olive oil, cumin and oregano and hot chilli oil. Added some sauted' chicken when served. Made a full flavored, low cholesterol dinner. Oriole
I love this recipe. I reduced the oil to 1 Tablespoon, with no reduction in taste or texture. With that change, this has only 3 points for a full cup serving! And so yummy. So very, very yummy. Thank you so much for sharing this.
I also used honey and cut the oil to just a couple teaspoons and let it sit in the fridge a couple hours and topped with a squeeze of lime. Excellent as a salad, salsa or, like I had, dinner for one.