Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From recipesource.com; saved here for safekeeping.
Make and share this Corn and Sausage Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced thinly
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups corn
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tbp. butter
- In a large heavy bottomed pan, brown the sausage and bacon until bacon is crispy. Remove sausage and bacon with a slotted spoon, and drain on a paper towel. Discard most of the fat; leave enough to cook the onion.
- Saute onion in reserved fat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the flour. Add stock, stirring constantly. Add sausage, bacon, corn, potatoes and white pepper. Add hot pepper sauce to taste. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add half and half and cook until soup is heated through and potatoes are tender. Stir in butter and serve.