something to try
Make and share this Corn and Potato Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces thickly sliced bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 15 ounces frozen corn, thawed (3 cups)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 lb red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, plus more for garnish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- In a large saucepan, cook the bacon over moderately low heat until crisp, 10 minutes. Transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain. Pour off 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat and reserve. Add the onion and celery to the pan. Cook over low heat until softened, 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree 1 cup of the corn with 1 cup of the milk. Add the corn puree to the saucepan along with the remaining 2 cups each of corn and milk and the potatoes. Simmer over low heat until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in the cream, chives and the reserved bacon. Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco.
Fantastic! It's creamy and sweet and with the tobasco, you can add just the amount of heat that you like. I could easily eat this is as a main dish. Thanx for posting!