Recipe by Lali
This is my kind of "comfort food"
Top Review by Mommy of 3 Gingers
Love this soup!!! First time I made this I did it as is and would make it that way every time! But, since I started Weight Watchers, I needed to cut the fat a bit, so I used fat-free evaporated milk in place of the half-n-half. Still GREAT!! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 3 teaspoons butter or 3 teaspoons margarine, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 medium leeks, sliced,2 cups worth
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- In 4-quart saucepan, over medium-high heat, melt 1 T. butter.
- Cook chicken chunks until well browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken to plate.
- Add 2 T. butter to drippings remaining in saucepan.
- Over medium heat, cook leeks, potatoes and green peppers until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in paprika and flour until well blended; cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, corn kernels, Tabasco Sauce, salt and chicken chunks.
- Over high heat, heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half, heat through.