This is my kind of "comfort food"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons butter or 3 teaspoons margarine, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 medium leeks, sliced,2 cups worth
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1In 4-quart saucepan, over medium-high heat, melt 1 T. butter.
- 2Cook chicken chunks until well browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
- 3With slotted spoon, remove chicken to plate.
- 4Add 2 T. butter to drippings remaining in saucepan.
- 5Over medium heat, cook leeks, potatoes and green peppers until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir in paprika and flour until well blended; cook 1 minute.
- 7Add chicken broth, corn kernels, Tabasco Sauce, salt and chicken chunks.
- 8Over high heat, heat to boiling.
- 9Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- 10Stir in half-and-half, heat through.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn and Chicken Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (2595 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.4
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.2 mg
- Sodium 649.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 17.0 g