Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
There are a lot of other bean and corn salads out there, but I didn't find one quite the same as this. I like this served over lettuce, in which case it can serve more than four. I originally found this recipe on the web, but I did make my own additions and changes to it to suit my own tastes.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (or if you don't like cilantro, parsley)
- Mix together balsamic vinegar, oil, lime juice, salt, sugar, black pepper, cumin, and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- Add the black beans, corn, onion, and bell pepper to the bowl.
- Toss gently with the dressing to coat, and garnish with cilantro.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours.
Holy Moly Bat Man! This was soooo wonderful! The dressing makes all the difference. I'm so glad you shared this.
This is pretty good! I substituted the vinegar and olive oil with mild salsa. Delicious!