Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 – Australia/New Zealand. This recipe was found at Wattie’s - Food in a Minute website. Filo pastry is easy to use, it’s light and flaky. This sounds like a truly lovely treat, perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even a light dinner.
Top Review by Miss Fannie
I took a shortcut and used tart shells. They made mouth-watering bites of pure pleasure. We enjoyed them as one of the sides with our steak dinner. DH did not say one thing about my perfectly cooked steak, but he raved over the little tart.
- 4 bacon, slices, rind removed, chopped
- 5 phyllo pastry sheets, halved
- 410 g corn, whole kernal, drained
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C degree oven.
- Sauté bacon in a small frying pan until bacon is cooked and set aside.
- Spray or brush a 25cm pie dish with a little oil.
- Spray the halved sheets of filo pastry with oil and place in the pie dish overlapping evenly to cover the base and sides of the dish.
- Scatter the cooked bacon and Corn into the filo lined pie dish and sprinkle with the cheese and parsley.
- Beat the eggs and milk together, season well and pour over the corn and bacon.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the egg custard is set and top is golden.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes.before serving.