Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Taste of Home
Top Review by ninja
This was SO good! I love corn with bacon, but I wasn't sure about the onions and garlic because I've never added them to corn. I only had a pound of frozen corn, reduced all the ingredients accordingly, and had a few cooked bacon slices from a previous dish, so cooked 3 more slices to achieve the amount of fat needed. Tastes great - next time I'll reduce the sour cream a bit. Thanks!
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 cups fresh corn or 3 1⁄2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook bacon strips until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender.
- Add flour, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook and stir until bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream until smooth.
- Add corn, parsley and half of bacon; mix well.
- Pour into a 1 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with chives.