Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
One of my favorite crock pot dishes-the aroma alone will bring them running to the table! My girlfriend Melody's recipe from Gabriola Island, B.C.
- 6 skinless chicken breasts (bone in)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced or grated
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 6 sliced green onions
- Roll the chicken in a mixture of butter, onion, corriander and salt to coat well.
- Place in the crock pot.
- Pour in the broth and lemon juice.
- Remove chicken when done.
- Stir together the yogurt and flour until well blended and whisk into broth.
- Pour some over chicken and reserve the rest of the sauce for the table.
- I like this with rice pilaf and a salad.
- Cook for 8 hours on low, 4 hours on high.
This dish was a success for my family. It smelled wonderful and was good comfort food. I did add some garlic and I will add mushrooms in the future. Served with rice and a salad with a tangy vingarette dressing. Will make again!
Absolutely stunning. My first crockpot adventure! I did substitute low fat yogurt for regular, and I tripled the amount of broth. I can't wait to make this again!
This was sooo easy to prepare but tasted like I had worked really hard! That is just the kind of dish I love! ;-) I made it with boneless, skinles breasts and I added some fresh chopped cilantro to the dish too, and it was fabulous! I will be making this again for sure! Thanks for a super recipe!