Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This wonderful casserole combines everything you need for a well-balanced meal with the terrific taste of Chicken Cordon Bleu. Great for guests or for a potluck as well, as kids and adults both seem to like the combination of flavors.
- 907.18 g package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 29.58 ml oil (I used olive oil)
- 9.85 ml essence of emeril southwest seasoning (or your favorite chicken seasoning(may be omitted)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, thinly sliced
- 340.19 g thinly sliced deli ham (we liked honey ham)
- 473.18 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 2 (566.99 g) box frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 (609.51 g) can cream of chicken soup
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice chicken breasts into bite-sized strips and brown in oil.
- If using seasoning, sprinkle chicken during cooking process.
- Slicing is much easier if chicken is partially frozen (or partially thawed).
- While chicken is cooking, spray a 10x15 pan and spread potatoes in the bottom.
- Stack deli ham and slice into roughly 1-inch square pieces.
- Layer browned chicken, sliced cream cheese, and ham over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese.
- Top with broccoli.
- Combine soup and pepper, then spoon over broccoli.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
This was really yummy for us adults but not so popular with the kids. I spiced up the hashbrowns with some butter and seasoning salt and I left my chicken breasts whole instead of cut up in strips. I browned them first then put them on top of the other layers, poured soup on them, then sprinkled with cheese and baked for 30 - 45 minutes. I've made this twice so far. Really good!!
Great taste, easy to make, and a real crowd pleaser!
Fantabulous! This made a bunch. My 10x15 was full to the very top! Fed 16 and had left-overs! I thinned the Cr. of Chick Soup with 1/2 cup of Sherry. This is a wonderful recipe for entertaining. Thanks