This wonderful casserole combines everything you need for a well-balanced meal with the terrific taste of Chicken Cordon Bleu. Great for guests or for a potluck as well, as kids and adults both seem to like the combination of flavors.
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons essence of emeril southwest seasoning (or your favorite chicken seasoning(may be omitted)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli ham (we liked honey ham)
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice chicken breasts into bite-sized strips and brown in oil.
- If using seasoning, sprinkle chicken during cooking process.
- Slicing is much easier if chicken is partially frozen (or partially thawed).
- While chicken is cooking, spray a 10x15 pan and spread potatoes in the bottom.
- Stack deli ham and slice into roughly 1-inch square pieces.
- Layer browned chicken, sliced cream cheese, and ham over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese.
- Top with broccoli.
- Combine soup and pepper, then spoon over broccoli.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.