Recipe by terirose22
This wonderful casserole combines everything you need for a well-balanced meal with the terrific taste of Chicken Cordon Bleu. Great for guests or for a potluck as well, as kids and adults both seem to like the combination of flavors.
Top Review by PAULAJEAN
This was really yummy for us adults but not so popular with the kids. I spiced up the hashbrowns with some butter and seasoning salt and I left my chicken breasts whole instead of cut up in strips. I browned them first then put them on top of the other layers, poured soup on them, then sprinkled with cheese and baked for 30 - 45 minutes. I've made this twice so far. Really good!!
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons essence of emeril southwest seasoning (or your favorite chicken seasoning(may be omitted)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 lb thinly sliced deli ham (we liked honey ham)
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice chicken breasts into bite-sized strips and brown in oil.
- If using seasoning, sprinkle chicken during cooking process.
- Slicing is much easier if chicken is partially frozen (or partially thawed).
- While chicken is cooking, spray a 10x15 pan and spread potatoes in the bottom.
- Stack deli ham and slice into roughly 1-inch square pieces.
- Layer browned chicken, sliced cream cheese, and ham over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese.
- Top with broccoli.
- Combine soup and pepper, then spoon over broccoli.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.