1/2 Photos of Copycat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
3 hrs 15 mins
Similar to the tubes of crescent dough you can buy at supermarkets. This dough can also be used in other recipes that call for Pillsbury crescent roll dough. The recipe makes the equivalent of 2 tubes of storebought dough. Be sure not to skip the step where you brush the dough with butter before baking. ***TIP***: For foolproof rising conditions, place dough in a large greased bowl, covered, in a cold oven. On the bottom rack, fill a 9x13 inch pan with boiling water and close the door. The moisture and heat makes for perfect results every time.
My Private Note
8 oz. t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast and 1 tbsp of the sugar in the warm water. Let sit until foamy - 10 minutes
- 2In a separate bowl, combine remaining sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Using the paddle attachment, once yeast is foamy, stir in beaten eggs followed by shortening and butter. Next, add flour mixture using the dough hook. Turn out onto floured surface and slowly add the last cup of flour, kneading to achieve a smooth, elastic consistency. Be careful not to add too much flour. Use as little as possible - you may not need to add all the flour.
- 3Place in a greased bowl, turning to grease the top of the dough. Let rise in a warm place (85 degrees F) until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours. ***TIP*** At this point if you want to use the dough for something other than crescents, such as other recipes using Pillsbury crescent dough, you can shape it as desired.
- 4To form crescents: When done rising, divide in half, rolling each half into a 12-inch circle 1/4 inch thick. Spread with the soft butter and cut each circle into 16 wedges. Roll up each wedge beginning at the largest end and place, point side down, on a greased baking sheet. Curve to form crescents. Cover and let rise until doubled, approximately 1 hour.
- 5Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until
- 6rich golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with butter.
- 7**You can do this recipe by hand, although I find a stand mixer to be much quicker.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.3
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 98.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g